Soft tissue sarcoma - trabectedin (TA185)
Trabectedin is recommended as a possible treatment for people with advanced soft tissue sarcoma if:
- treatment with anthracyclines and ifosfamide has failed, or
- they cannot tolerate anthracyclines and ifosfamide, or
- anthracyclines and ifosfamide are unsuitable.
The manufacturer of trabectedin has agreed to a 'patient access scheme', which means that when a person needs more than five trabectedin treatments, it provides the sixth and any further trabectedin treatments to the NHS free of charge.
This page was last updated: 02 April 2013
- Web format
- Quick reference guide (PDF)
- Full Guidance (PDF)
- TA185 Trabectedin i drin sarcoma meinwe meddal datblygedig: deall canllawiau NICE (fformat MS Word)
Information for the public
Implementation tools and resources
See this guidance in practice
The summary of the key recommendations in the guidance written for patients, carers and those with little medical knowledge and may be used in local patient information leaflets.
Quick Reference Guide
The quick reference guide presents recommendations for health professionals
The published NICE clinical guidance, contains the recommendations for health professionals and NHS bodies.
The published full clinical guidance for specialists with background, evidence, recommendations and methods used.