Leukaemia (chronic lymphocytic, first line) - rituximab (TA174)
Fast, easy summary view of NICE guidance on 'blood and bone marrow cancers'
Rituximab is recommended as a possible first treatment for people with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia who are able to take fludarabine in combination with cyclophosphamide.
Rituximab should only be used in combination with fludarabine and cyclophosphamide.
Rituximab is not recommended in combination with any other chemotherapy agents as a first treatment for chronic lymphocytic leukaemia.
This guidance has been incorporated into the following NICE Pathways, along with other related guidance and products.
Visit the NICE Pathway: blood and bone marrow cancers
- Leukaemia (chronic lymphocytic, first line) - rituximab: Review Proposal - January 2014
- Leukaemia (chronic lymphocytic, first line) - rituximab: review update - October 2012
- Leukaemia (chronic lymphocytic, relapsed) - rituximab: review update - December 2010
- NICE issues final guidance on the use of rituximab for first line chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
This page was last updated: 14 January 2014
- Web format
- Quick reference guide (PDF)
- Full Guidance (PDF)
- TA174 Rituximab fel triniaeth gyntaf ar gyfer lewcemia lymffosytig cronig: deall canllawiau NICE (fformat MS Word)
Information for the public
The summary of the key recommendations in the guidance written for patients, carers and those with little medical knowledge and may be used in local patient information leaflets.
Quick Reference Guide
The quick reference guide presents recommendations for health professionals
The published NICE clinical guidance, contains the recommendations for health professionals and NHS bodies.
The published full clinical guidance for specialists with background, evidence, recommendations and methods used.