Lung cancer (non-small-cell) - pemetrexed (TA124)
Fast, easy summary view of NICE guidance on 'lung cancer'
Pemetrexed has now been recommended for the first-line treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer (see www.nice.org.uk/TA181). Technology appraisal guidance 124 applies to patients who have had prior chemotherapy.
- Pemetrexed is not recommended for the treatment of locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer.
- People currently receiving pemetrexed should have the option to continue therapy until they and their clinicians consider it appropriate to stop.
This guidance has been incorporated into the following NICE Pathways, along with other related guidance and products.
Visit the NICE Pathway: lung cancer
- TA124 Lung cancer (non-small-cell) - pemetrexed: review decision - May 2012
- Lung cancer (non-small-cell) - pemetrexed: review proposal - July 2011
- Review Decision - March 2010
- Review Proposal - August 2009
- TA124 Lung cancer (non-small cell) - pemetrexed: distribution list
- NICE issues guidance on pemetrexed (Alimta) for the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer
This page was last updated: 27 June 2012
- Web format
- Quick reference guide (PDF)
- Full Guidance (PDF)
- TA124 Pemetrexed ar gyfer trin canser yr ysgyfaint lle nad yw'r celloedd yn fach: deall canllawiau NICE (fformat MS Word)
Information for the public
Implementation tools and resources
See this guidance in practice
The summary of the key recommendations in the guidance written for patients, carers and those with little medical knowledge and may be used in local patient information leaflets.
Quick Reference Guide
The quick reference guide presents recommendations for health professionals
The published NICE clinical guidance, contains the recommendations for health professionals and NHS bodies.
The published full clinical guidance for specialists with background, evidence, recommendations and methods used.