Fingolimod for the treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis
|Expected date of issue:
NICE project team
|Closing date for invited submissions / evidence submission:
||18 March 2011
|1st appraisal committee meeting:
||06 July 2011
|2nd appraisal committee meeting
||05 October 2011
|3rd appraisal committee meeting:
||01 February 2012
Consultees and commentators
||Commentators (no right to submit or appeal)
- Multiple Sclerosis Trust
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Association of British Neurologists
- Royal College of Nursing
- Royal College of Physicians
- Department of Health
- NHS North Yorkshire and York
- NHS South Staffordshire
- Welsh Assembly Government
- Commissioning Support Appraisals Service
- Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety for Northern Ireland
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- NHS Quality Improvement Scotland
- Bayer (interferon beta-1b)
- Biogen Idec (interferon beta-1a, natalizumab)
- Merk Serono (interferon beta-1a)
- Sanofi-Aventis (glatiramer acetate)
- Teva (glatiramer actetate)
Relevant research groups
Evidence Review Group
- National Institute for Health Research Health Technology Assessment Programme
- NHS Centre for Reviews and Dissemination and Centre for Health Economics - York
Associated Guideline Groups
Associated Public Health Groups
|25 February 2011
||Due to resource constraints and efficiency scheduling requirements for the current work programme, NICE has had to decide to re-schedule this appraisal. The date of the first Committee meeting has therefore changed.
|30 July 2010
||Please note that following on from advice received from the manufacturer, this appraisal has been rescheduled to align with latest regulatory expectations. Therefore, we now anticipate that the appraisal will begin during mid September 2010. The deadline for submissions is expected in approximately mid November 2010.
|24 January 2010
||Due to resource constraints and efficiency scheduling requirements for the current work programme, NICE has had to decide to re-schedule the first Appraisal Committee meeting for a number of the technology appraisal topics.
In rescheduling these topics we have been careful to maintain our ability to issue timely recommendations.
The appraisal of Fingolimod for the treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis is one of the topics that has been identified.
The first appraisal committee discussion will now take place on 06 July 2011. The second committee meeting (if required) will also be rescheduled.
This page was last updated: 05 July 2012