Ticagrelor for the treatment of acute coronary syndromes (ACS)
|Expected date of issue:
NICE project team
|Closing date for invited submissions / evidence submission:
||10 November 2010
|1st appraisal committee meeting:
||02 June 2011
|2nd appraisal committee meeting
||04 August 2011
Consultees and commentators
Commentators (no right to submit or appeal)
- Action Heart
- Heart Care Partnership (UK)
- HEART UK
- South Asian Health Foundation
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society (BCIS)
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Heart Foundation
- Royal College of Nursing
- Royal College of Physicians
- Department of Health
- NHS Bradford and Airedale
- Oxfordshire PCT
- Welsh Government Assembly
- British National Formulary
- Commissioning Support Appraisals Service
- Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety for Northern Ireland
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- NHS Quality Improvement Scotland
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (clopidogrel)
- Daiichi Sankyo (prasugrel)
- Eli Lilly (prasugrel)
- Sanofi-Aventis (clopidogrel)
Relevant research groups
- British Society for Cardiovascular Research
Evidence Review Group
- Liverpool Reviews & Implementation Group, University of Liverpool
- National Coordinating Centre for Health Technology Assessment
Associated guideline groups
Associated public health groups
|14 August 2009
||Please note that following on from advice received from the manufacturer, this appraisal has been rescheduled to align with latest regulatory expectations. Therefore, we now anticipate that the appraisal will begin during mid June 2010. The deadline for submissions is expected in approximately mid August 2010.
|24 December 2009
||Please note that following on from advice received from the manufacturer, this appraisal has been rescheduled to align with latest regulatory expectations. Therefore, we now anticipate that the appraisal will begin during mid September 2010. The deadline for submissions is expected in approximately mid November 2010.
|24 January 2011
Due to resource constraints and efficiency scheduling requirements for the current work programme, NICE has had to decide to re-schedule the first Appraisal Committee meeting for a number of the technology appraisal topics.
In rescheduling these topics we have been careful to maintain our ability to issue timely recommendations.
The appraisal of ticagrelor for the treatment of acute coronary syndrome is one of the topics that has been identified.
The first appraisal committee discussion will now take place on 2 June 2011. The second committee meeting (if required) will also be rescheduled.
Please note that guidance from the Department of Health to NHS bodies on best practice on funding where no NICE guidance has been published for a particular product can be found in ‘Good practice guidance on managing the introduction of new healthcare interventions and links to NICE technology appraisal guidance’ (Department of Health, December 2006).
This page was last updated: 26 October 2011