Prevention of cardiovascular disease: additional evidence consultation
NICE was asked by the Department of Health (DH) to develop public health programme guidance on preventing cardiovascular disease (CVD) in different populations.
The scope is available from the guidance development page.
All registered stakeholders are now invited to comment on the economic analysis and additional evidence that has been assembled to inform the development of this guidance. This will be used by the Programme Development Group (PDG) to develop recommendations. The evidence considered is listed below.
Key areas for comment:
The aim of this consultation is to enable stakeholders to consider the economic analysis and to provide the opportunity to comment, in particular on:
- major gaps in the analysis, including data in the published literature that we have not been able to identify
- queries around the interpretation of the analysis
- the applicability of the analysis and its usefulness for the development of guidance
- issues relating to equality
- issues relating to cost-effectiveness
It is not NICE policy to respond directly to any queries on expert papers/testimony. Calls for additional evidence has now closed – please do not submit any additional evidence for consideration.
The consultation will take place between 14 October – 16 November 2009.
Please send all responses using the "Stakeholder comments form" (ensuring all relevant fields are completed, including your organisation's full name) and forward this by 5pm on Monday 16 November at the very latest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Institute is unable to accept:
- More than one response per stakeholder organisation
- Comments received after the consultation deadline
- Comments that are not on the correct proforma
- Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
What will happen to your comments:
- All comments (with the exception of personal, individual comments and late comments) will be sent to the project team at the end of the consultation
- Comments from registered stakeholders will be formally responded to by the project team and posted on the NICE website.
- No action will be taken upon receipt of personal, individual comments and late comments.
- PLEASE NOTE: The Institute reserves the right to summarise and edit comments received during consultations, or not to publish them at all, where in the reasonable opinion of the Institute, the comments are voluminous, publication would be unlawful or publication would be otherwise inappropriate.
This page was last updated: 15 July 2010