Behaviour change - the principles for effective interventions: review proposal for consultation
A review is being undertaken to decide whether the public health guidance on the most appropriate means of generic and specific interventions to support attitude and behaviour change at population and community levels should be updated.
All registered stakeholders are invited to comment on this proposal via this website during a 2 week consultation with stakeholders.
Organsiations not registered as stakeholders are not able to comment. For further information about how your organisation can become a stakeholder, please see the public health stakeholder registration page.
Please note - the proposal presented here does not constitute NICE’s formal decision on this topic. The decision is provisional and may change after consultation.
This consultation will take place between 22 November 2010 and 6 December 2010.
Please comment on the following proposal:
- We are proposing that we defer the further consideration of the updating of the behaviour change guidance for two years pending the outcome of the House of Lords enquiry on behaviour change.
- Stakeholder comments form
How to submit your comments
Please provide all responses to the proposal using the stakeholder comments form (ensuring all relevant fields are completed, including your organisation's name). Please forward the form by 5pm Monday 6 December 2010 at the very latest to BehaviourChange@nice.org.uk
The Institute is unable to accept:
- More than one response per stakeholder organisation
- Comments received after the consultation deadline
- Comments that are not completed on a stakeholder comments form
- Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
- Comments forms with attachments such as research articles, letters or leaflets. If comments forms do have attachments they will be returned without being read. If the stakeholder resubmits the form without attachments, it must be by the consultation deadline.
What will happen to your comments?
- All comments (with the exception of personal, individual comments and late comments) will be sent to the project team at the end of the consultation
- Comments from registered stakeholders will be formally responded to by the project team and posted on the NICE website after the final guidance is published.
- No action will be taken upon receipt of personal, individual comments and late comments.
- You should receive an automated acknowledgement from the email box when you email your comments. If you do not receive this acknowledgement, please contact email@example.com to ensure your comments have been safely received.
Please note: The Institute reserves the right to summarise and edit comments received during consultations, or not to publish them at all, where in the reasonable opinion of the Institute, the comments are voluminous, publication would be unlawful or publication would be otherwise inappropriate.
- The NICE public health guidance development process: An overview for stakeholders including public health practitioners, policy makers and the public (second edition, 2009)
This page was last updated: 19 November 2013