Insertion of pleuro-amniotic shunt for fetal pleural effusion (IPG190)
Fast, easy summary view of NICE guidance on 'antenatal care'
The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) issued full guidance to the NHS in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland on insertion of pleuro-amniotic shunt for fetal pleural effusion in September 2006. In accordance with the Interventional Procedures Programme Process Guide, guidance on procedures with special arrangements are reviewed 3 years after publication and the procedure is reassessed if important new evidence is available.
The guidance was considered for reassessment in September 2009 and it was concluded that NICE will not be updating this guidance at this stage. However, if you believe there is new evidence which should warrant a review of our guidance, please contact us via the email address below.
Insertion of a pleuro-amniotic shunt to drain pleural effusions in a fetus during pregnancy
R04.2 Percutaneous insertion of fetal pleuroamniotic shunt
Y53.2 Approach to organ under ultrasonic control
A code from category Y95.- Gestational age must be assigned in a subsidiary position where this information is available.
The NHS Classifications Service of NHS Connecting for Health is the central definitive source for clinical coding guidance and determines the coding standards associated with the classifications (OPCS-4 and ICD-10) to be used across the NHS. The NHS Classifications Service and NICE work collaboratively to ensure the most appropriate classification codes are provided. www.connectingforhealth.co.uk/clinicalcoding
- IPG190 Insertion of pleuro-amniotic shunt for fetal pleural effusion - guidance (web format)
- IPG190 Insertion of pleuro-amniotic shunt for fetal pleural effusion - guidance
- IPG190 Insertion of pleuro-amniotic shunt for fetal pleural effusion - understanding NICE guidance
- IPG190 Insertion of pleuro-amniotic shunt for fetal pleural effusion - understanding NICE guidance(Word)
- IPG190 Insertion of pleuro-amniotic shunt for fetal pleural effusion - audit criteria
- Insertion of pleuro-amniotic shunt for fetal pleural effusion (interventional procedure consultation document)
- Insertion of pleuro-amniotic shunt for fetal pleural effusion (interventional proceures overview)
This guidance has been incorporated into the following NICE Pathways, along with other related guidance and products.
Visit the NICE Pathway: antenatal care
This page was last updated: 24 November 2011
- Web format
- Full Guidance (PDF)
- IPG190 Defnyddio siynt i drin babanod yn y groth sydd ag allrediad pliwrol: deall canllawiau NICE (fformat MS Word)
Information for the public
Implementation tools and resources
See this guidance in practice
The summary of the key recommendations in the guidance written for patients, carers and those with little medical knowledge and may be used in local patient information leaflets.
Quick Reference Guide
The quick reference guide presents recommendations for health professionals
The published NICE clinical guidance, contains the recommendations for health professionals and NHS bodies.
The published full clinical guidance for specialists with background, evidence, recommendations and methods used.